fashion is dead_the work of McQueen is immortal !!! save the date: Alexander McQueen: 14 MARCH_2 AUGUST 2015 : V@A MUSEUM / LONDON
“celebrating the extraordinary creative talent of one of the most innovative designers of recent times, alexander mcqueen: the first and largest retrospective of the late designer’s work to be presented in europe, the exhibition will showcase mcqueen’s visionary body of work. savage beauty will be the first and largest retrospective of mcqueen’s work to be presented in europe.” ©: text and picture: victoria and albert museum / http://www.vam.ac.uk
…brilliant article on fashion united…:“The blurring of the seasonal fashion cycle is not a fad” : In the research article, written by Antoine Leclerc-Mougne, which first appeared in the February 26th issue, the weekly magazine points the finger at the incongruity (seen by all as of now) of discovering the spring-summer collections just when the cold is beginning to descend and, vice versa, having to choose from “full winter” clothing in the midst of a languidly extensive Indian summer. He also notes that wealthy clientele no longer feel the need to comply with a rhythm that is no longer in tune with their lifestyle. But there is a glimmer of hope that…….READ THE FULL ARTICLE ON FASHION UNITED HERE: https://fashionunited.com
picture & text © fashion united
THE MODEUROP FASHION FORECAST : WAS PRESENTED DURING THE ILM FAIR: 1.3.2015: THE BAGS LEATHERGOODS FORECAST CD ROM WITH ALL RELEVANT COLOURS/ LEATHER SURFACES/ KEY BAGS SHAPES IS AVAILABLE NOW HERE : http://www.modeurop.de/bestell.htm
OR CONTACT THE MODEUROP TEAM:
MODEUROP – Fashion Pool im DSI / Berliner Straße 46 / 63065 Offenbach am Main / Telefon (069) 82 97 42-0 / info(@)schuhinstitut.de
after catwalk shows and 4 busy days during berlin fashion week winter 15_16: here are some highlights from the fairs and showrooms that we visited. as always we can give you only a glimpse, as the full content of the research and trend directions is reserved for our clients and conferences. thanks to berlin fashion week for the good start in the season: https://www.premiumexhibitions.com / http://www.seekexhibitions.com / http://brighttradeshow.com / http://www.panorama-berlin.com / http://www.showandorder.de / http://www.breadandbutter.com/winter2015/home/back-to-the-street /
some key facts: winter pastels and white will rule_vintage got and update with metallics for bags_grey is the new black_colours are more than visible_ less presented in german collections_on all european orientated collections prints and high tech were strong_mesh & scuba high tech will move on_boxy coats are a must_bag shapes will get smaller.
the interview is in german_no subtitles_sorry: hier einige kurze statements zum ersten messetag der berlin fashion week winter 15_16: statements, video: panorama berlin_martin wuttke agentur next-guru-now auf der panorama berlin_24. januar 2015: europefashion.berlin
sadak is one of the strongest menswear designer from berlin. his motto “pride in individuality” is illustrated with sensory power and a kind of elegant ethno passion.
we are looking forward to his winter collection on the runway_19th of january_11.30 am_berlin fashion week
jakarta is sometimes named after the odorous fruit “the big durian”…: smelly and a bit strange in the beginning…: but if you explore this megatropolis (with a population of more than 14 million) open minded, you will be rewarded with friendliness and an inspiring fashion and street art scene. we don´t talk about the LV or PRADA stores in malls that look like everywhere else in asia. we talk about brands and designer that inspired us with power and brace and a new conceptual ideas, and products with strong statements.
here are our top listings:
- the coolest indo denim brand: pot meets pop from bandung, with a great flagship store in the hipster area of kemang: http://www.potmeetspopdenim.com
- catatlyst art and bookstore kemang: one of the founders_patricia wulandari_is a true expert when it comes to state of the art graphic design. the shop is small: but the artist they represent are FANTASTIC !!! thank you patricia for the inspiring meeting, and your team for the ultra speedy motorbike trip !! catalyst has also a well curated web site: http://catalystartshop.com
- dialogue art space and restaurant: the location with a post modern colonial design concept is cosy and cool. exhibitions are always packed and trendy: expect to find established artists and new fresh talents: a must go: http://dialogue-artspace.com
- the goods dept: the biggest upcoming designer and interior concept store in jakarta: must see: http://thegoodsdept.com
- the hottest jakarta based designer line that we spotted during our stay: No’om : this collection brings you : a fashion forward mindset_contemporary concepts_ minimalist and androgyny looks: deep in love: http://www.no-om.com fotos of no-om: © no-om: photographer: hendra kusuma | stylist: willy widjaja
here is a perfect summary and review from the summer collections on “the business of fashion”: “in a season where real creativity was forced to fight for space amidst a glut of sameness, bof brings you our top 10 shows of the season.”
© text and picture: BoF: read the full article here: http://www.businessoffashion.com/2014/10/top-10-shows-of-the-season-springsummer-2015.html